Hi, remember me? No, I didn’t think you did. I haven’t posted on this blog in so long I thought about deleting it. But I’ve had the itch to write so here I am.
I’ve noticed that August is usually when I start to get all my new years resolutions ideas. I have no idea why this month feels like the end of the year for me, it just does. So I figured I could just start slow and give you an update on my new year’s resolution journey so far.
In case you forgot what they were to begin with…
1.See a therapist. Yeah, this one was a lot harder than I thought to do when I wrote it down. Actually, I haven’t made a single appointment….yet. I still have time, and if I go to one session this year, I’ll call that a win in my book.
2. Be in more pictures. I think this one should have been the easiest. But it turns out I forget very easily. No, I haven’t been in more pictures, cause I’m the one who remembers to take them.
3. Keep a gratitude jar and read them on NYE this year. YES, one I have kept! I have lots of notes in this sucker. Next year I think I’m going to modify it and ask my family to join in. I realized that my perception isn’t probably what their’s is. So I figured it would be fun to compare the differences.
4. Do not eat any fast food this year. This one started out hard but ended up being the easiest one by far. I categorize fast food as having a drive thru and/or delivering. I haven’t had any foods that offer those services all year. And I think I may continue this one for a while cause not only does it save me money, but its better for me and my family. Since I don’t eat fast food, guess who else doesn’t eat it? LOL, my kid was pretty pissed when I told her but she hasn’t really mentioned it to me in months.
5. Try to do some landscaping of our new home. This one I think I’ve done enough to count as a win. We trimmed the bushes and trees, got rid of the fence in our backyard, demo’d half the cement in our backyard, and put up a dough-boy pool.
6. Try hard to get my weight under control. I’m still working on this one. I have made progress, which I will probably go in to more detail in a later post but I’ve lost 37 pounds this year and am hoping to hit 50 by the end of the year. Weight Watchers has been a godsend in this.
7. Go back to school. I haven’t actually done this but since I started my new job, I’m seriously considering it because they offer educational reimbursement. Right now, I’m researching schools that offer online programs because my new kick-ass job is permanent full time!
That’s it really. Not a huge post but its been a while and I don’t have the time to do deeper just now. Soon, though, you WILL be hearing from me again. And now, I leave you with a favorite quote:
I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day.